FSSAI Annual Return
FSSAI license holders required to furnish periodic annual return (1st April to 31st March). This is within upto 31st May of each year. For those food business operatores collecting, manufacturing or handling milk and milk products, half yearly returns from 1st April to 30th September must file carefully.
Required Information for file Annual FSSAI Return
All food related business like food manufacturers, labelers, re-labelers, importers, exporters, packers, and re-packers are required to file FSSAI annual return either electronically or in Physical forms may be prescribed by concerned fssai food safety Commissioner, in Application Form D-1, on or before 31st May of each year to the Licensing Authority with respect to the type of food products manufactured or sold by him during the previous financial year.
Every food business operator licensee engaged in the process of manufacturing of milk and/or milk products, is required to file annual returns on half yearly basis for the time period 1st April to 30th September and 1st October to 31st March of every financial year in the application form D-2, within 1 month from the end of the time period. This return is more information as compared to application Form D-1.
Essential details to furnish while filing Annual Returns
Required to file an annual return for food product
- 1. Name of the food product manufactured, imported, exported and handled.
- Size of bottle and any other package like, PP and bulk package. Quantity in Metric Ton.
- 2. The selling cost of per Kg or per unit of packing
- 3. Value
- 4. Quantity in Metric Ton.
- 5. Importer or Exporter quantity in Kg.
- 6. The list of information of countries or port where they are exported
- 7. Rate per unit or per Kg of packing F.O.B. or C.I.F.
Type of fssai annual returns form
1) Annual Return Form D1
All the food manufacturers, labellers, re-labellers, packers, and re-packers, importers and exporters, etc. required to the fssai annual return Form D1 necessary, either online or in physical form as prescribed by the Food Safety Commissioner.
The FSSAI annual return, Form D1 should be filed on or before 31st May of every financial year to the Licensing Authority depending on the food products sold by the food business operator in the preceding financial year
What is a ANNUAL RETURN FORM D1?
Form D1 is the Annual Return to be filed by all manufacturers and importers, exporters etc having FSSAI license.
NEEDS TO FILE FORM D1?
Following individuals need to file the FSSAI annual return in the Form D-1 to the Food Licensing Authority with regard to the type of food products manufactured or sold by them during the preceding financial year:
- Food manufacturers
- Packers and
- Every FBO except the ones dealing in milk and milk products.
- This Form has details of the type of food products being handled, manufactured, exported, throughout the year.
- The time Period for filing fssai annual returns is 1st April to 31st March (half yearly basis from 1st April to 30th September and from 1st October to 31st March of every financial year)1
2) Half-Yearly Return Form D2
The Form D2 is a half-yearly return and isn’t for every FBO, this needs to be filed by every FBO FSSAI license holder who is involved in the business of manufacturing or importing of milk and/or milk products.
FSSAI annual return, Form D2 must be filed on a half yearly basis. The time period for the filing fssai annual returns on half yearly basis from 1st April to 30th September and from 1st October to 31st March of every financial year in the application form D-2 within 1 month from the end period
Exempted from filing FSSAI Return?
The FSSAI registration through an exemption notification issued or new decision has been implemented from 10th June 2014, has exempted the following entities required from filing Annual Return:
- 1. Fast food joints
- 2. Restaurants
- 3. Grocery stores
- 4. Canteens
Fines or penalty for a delay in filing FSSAI Return?
In case of any delay in filing annual return beyond 31st May, a Fines or penalty of Rs. 100 shall be imposed for per day for the time for which the delay continues.
Needs to fill FSSAI Anual Returns Form?
- Every FBO other than milk and milk products have to file annual returns with the FSSAI.
- This Form has the fact of the food foodstuffs being handled, manufactured, and imported, exported, throughout the year.
- The time Period for filing fssai annual returns is 1st April to 31st March (half yearly basis from 1st April to 30th September and from 1stOctober to 31st March of every financial year)